Friday, April 22, 2011

I met him- I dared to dance with the SON

As I walked the lonely streets of life, I worked day and night
Searching for heights which I can’t attain, trying to please everyone
I pained myself, I pained my kin, and I became the ill- tempered sow
I felt the ground opening before me
I saw the earth opening before me as I slipped slowly down
Then I met him, and he turned my world around
I learnt about the reality of life, I learnt I couldn’t please everyone
I found I could die and not win the battle and still burn in hell
He loved me just the way I was; he loved me so much more
He directed me back to my kit and kin, he sent me home again
He directed me to my lovely ones, before I burnt out myself
He took my hands and looked into my eyes, and we danced
The dance which changed it all, the dance which I scared at first to start
A slow musical trot at first that became the all consuming frenzy
And I learnt in ways inconceivable, ways unspeakable
That life is more than who knows or owns
But who loves and is loved and how much we can give
He taught me to love and to live and to readily die for the people that I love
That heaven is for people who love
And hell is for people who own, and keep owning without giving
That people have to believe in Him who is higher than them
That life is without meaning except we learn to love
Except we let go and submit to the creator and owner
Of all of life and all of us, now I can’t live outside of HIM

No comments: