Friday, March 8, 2013

The Power of Praise

There is a lot to be grateful for but sometimes we forget because we look at the challenges we face and they overwhelm us. They also prevent us from counting our blessings as that beautiful hymn suggests. Again Praise is something we give because God deserves it; he has given us the gift of life, talents, family, friends, grace and the greatest of all His Son, to save us from our sins.
In short we need to praise God at all times because he lives within the praises of his people, the bible says he  inhabits the praises of his people. God is also moved by praise to do things far greater than we expect. In the bible we see the effect of praise when Paul and Silas sang and the Holy Ghost came down. David was another Praise singer and God loved him so much. David wrote so many Psalms of Praise, I have written down two that I love amongst so many.
This lent I have purposed in my heart to Praise and Pray.

“But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.” (Psalm 22:3)


“Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
    fulfill your vows to the Most High,
 and call on me in the day of trouble;
    I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

No comments: