Saturday, May 7, 2016

Quotes from my current readings! How they apply for me

From Cheryl Strayed- Brave enough

"Allow your acceptance of the universality of suffering to be a transformative experience. You do that by simply looking at what pains you squarely in the face and then moving on. You don't have to move fast or far. You can go just an inch. You can mark your progress breath by breath."

- Having lost my mother in a shocking, sudden, unbelievable accident about 8 months ago, this hit me squarely. I am moving on because I believe I will see her again someday in heaven, does not reduce the pain but I look it squarely daily and I take a step forward. I lost someone dear, she did not lose because she is with the LORD, But I lost so much, we lost so much, our world lost! But we will move on and remember her for who she was, who she served, who she touched and we will keep moving on.

No comments: